Project is currently under planning stage
Client invites the submission of expressions of interest (EOI) in respect of the potential development of an Independent Water Project to be designed using Reverse Osmosis seawater desalination technology. Power supply to the Project will be provided from the Saudi Electricity Company’s high voltage network. Client intends to conduct a competitive tender process to select a private sector developer (which may be a developer consortium) for the development, financing, procurement, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Project. The successful bidder, through a project company to be incorporated, would develop the Project and sell the entire capacity and output to SWPC under a 25-year concession pursuant to a Water Purchase Agreement (WPA). client's ’s obligations under the WPA will be supported by a credit support agreement from the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Interested Bidders should express their interest to participate in the tender process by no later than 9 January 2023. Interested parties should send an Expression of Interest (EOI) in electronic format (PDF) to:
• Eng. Khalid bin Zuwaid Al-Quraishi
Chief Executive Officer,
Saudi Water Partnerships Company (S.C.W.L.C),
19th floor, Al-Qamar Tower, King Fahd Road,
Riyadh 12341, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Email address: Jubail4.iwp@swpc .sa
• Mr. Stefan Rich
Director, Infrastructure and Real Estate,
KPMG Professional Services
Riyadh Front, Airport Road
Riyadh 3685, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Email address: email@example.com
An Expression of Interest (EOI) should include, as a minimum, the following information:
• The name of the interested party
• The name and contact details (postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address) of the relevant contact person to whom all future correspondence will be directed (“dot Connection").
• When the interested party is a group of partners in a possible consortium, that intention and the details of the potential consortium partners (according to the available and known amount of information) are indicated.
The consultants appointed on this project are the following:
• KPMG Professional Services as Lead Advisor and Financial Advisor;
• Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP as Legal Advisor; and
• WSP as Technical Advisor.
Client has announced the receipt of expressions of interest (EOI) in respect of the potential development of an Independent Water Project to be designed using Reverse Osmosis seawater desalination technology. A total of 35 companies including 16 Saudi companies expressed their interest in the Project as follows:
1. Abengoa Agua S.A.
2. Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA)
3. Acciona Agua
4. ACWA Power
5. Ajlan & Bros Holding
6. Al Kawther Industries Co. Ltd.
7. Al Shalawi
8. Al Sharif Group Holding
9. Alfanar Company
10. Alghanim International General Trading and Contracting Co. W.L.L.
11. Aljomaih Energy and Water Company
12. Awad Saad Binzafrah Contracting Co. Ltd.
13. Buhur for Investment Co.
14. China First Heavy Industries International Development Co., Ltd (“CFHI”)
15. Elecnor Group
16. Fas Energy
17. Fisia Italimpianti S.p.A
18. GS Inima
19. Hainan Litree Purifying Technology Co. Ltd.
20. Kahrabel FZE (Engie Middle East)
21. Kindasa Water Services
22. Lantania Aguas
23. Marubeni Corporation
24. Metito Utilities Limited
25. Mowah Company CJSC
26. Nesma Company Ltd.
27. Orascom Construction
28. Power and Water Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu (Marafiq)
29. Saleh Saeed Taishan and Sons
30. Saudi Pan Kingdom Company (SAPAC)
31. Shapoorji Pallonji
32. Utico FZC
33. VA TECH WABAG LTD.
34. Veolia Middle East
35. Vishvaraj Environment Pvt Ltd.
SWPC also announced that the Request for Qualification (RFQ) has been issued to the interested companies. Application for pre-qualification is open, on an individual basis or as a Consortium, to all entities which have submitted an expression of interest, or any such entity that has not submitted an expression of interest and has obtained SWPC’s approval. The entities can obtain SWPC’s approval through submitting their request before 21/02/2023 to the following email:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to:
QatarTenders.com is an exclusive subscriber-based portal, established in 2001 with aimed at providing information easier to access and assisting business to find new opportunities.
Projects Intelligence: Up-to-date information about projects from concept stage to execution and completion covering Client, Consultant, Contractor and Key Contact details for all major industries in Qatar.
Tender Announcement: Covers information for RFPs, RFQs, EOI, pre-qualifications and procurement notices issued from various government & public organizations in Qatar.